Wednesday 10 June 2015

Top 5 products under £10 series: Base Makeup.

Hey Guys!
It's Aimee again!
If you follow us on instagram you will know that everyday for the next seven days I will be sharing with you my favourite 5 products within a certain category of beauty that cost £10 or less. Each day will be a different category. Today's post is all about base makeup, so the first few products you apply to your face when you do your makeup. I have tried to talk about a range of different products and I would like to say that all opinions are my own and I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned. Also the pictures used are from the superdrug website because some of the products I have run out of and haven't yet repurchased.

Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser- £7.99


Now as many people say, the product is a dupe for Benefits POREfessional and I completely agree! I have quite large pores on my nose and when using a lighter coverage foundation they become visible and I HATE it but when I use Baby Skin they become invisible, it sort of blurs the pores out which is so weird. Also the base it creates for my foundation is amazing and it leaves my foundation looking flawless. If you're looking for something that keeps your makeup on and also makes your face look good too- basically a great all rounder- then this is the primer for you.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer- £3.19

There are two main types of concealers- brightening concealer and heavy duty concealers- this one is definitely the heavy duty type. I'm not sure if this is the right concealer for under the eyes because personally I feel it does crease under my eyes.HOWEVER, this concealer has covered every single spot I have used it on, even the giant red mountains I am currently rocking, it sticks on the spot to cover it up and it certainly doesn't look cakey which is a bonus! I can even just wear this with powder and still dare to leave the house without a mask on! I have bought about 4 of these up to now and I don't plan on finding a new one!

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation-£8.99

WARNING: I WILL TALK ABOUT THIS FOUNDATION 10000 TIMES MORE ON THIS BLOG BECAUSE I AM IN LOVE WITH IT.

What I love about this is that it has an anti fatigue effect which is designed to make the skin look more dewy and awake. It is so easy to apply it and it really gives me confidence which I never thought I would say considering it is a lighter coverage foundation but I just love how this looks on my skin. I wear this every spring/summer time because I really like to go for a more natural look in these months. Mixed with a small amount of moisturiser it sort of doubles up as a tinted moisturiser which is why I never use things such as BB creams etc, I can still get a lighter coverage if I want it and still get my dewy,bright skin. AHHHHH LOVE IT!

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation - £8.99


Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation Classic Beige 201If I want a fuller coverage foundation this tends to be the foundation I reach for. I have to admit I do not think it lives up to it's '25 hour' finish but to be fair I have never tried to keep it on for 25 hours but it genuinely does stay on for longer than most. It is, in my opinion, comparable to the MAC Studio fix foundation. You do need to find your correct colour as it can look a bit to much if the colour is too light, I once got a colour that was one shade lighter than my usual and I looked STUPID because of its heavy coverage. Once you find your perfect shade though, you do get a lovely finish. It is such a lovely foundation.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder- £3.99

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder Peach Glow 3

I use this powder EVERYDAY without fail. Whether its on its own or on top of foundation. I use this powder 3 ways;
- I use the shade 005 on top of concealer for a light coverage.
- I use the shade 003 on top of my wake me up foundation mixed with moisturiser for a brighter complexion.
- I use the transparent shade over any foundation to set it.
Once I add this on top of any foundation it sets it and keeps it in place all day. It never ever looks cakey! Theres not much more to say really because I cant praise this powder enough!

So here we have my top 5 base makeup products. Tomorrow I will be posting my top 5 blushers and bronzers that are under £10. Please follow for more updates and posts from us and to be alerted when we post.
Thats all for tonight guys,
-Aimee xx


No comments:

Post a Comment