Friday 31 July 2015

Lifestyle Changes

Helloo Guys,

So I turned 16 on Monday and suddenly I've became aware of myself and the way I choose to live. I have realised that despite the many many diets I have tried in my life I have never thought about people who eat differently to me for reasons other than weight loss. I was brought up as a meat eater and I'm not going to lie, I love meat.(ooh cheeky) Today I was reading a blog about becoming a vegetarian and all about the health benefits of cutting meat out of your diet and it has really appealed to me. I have always wanted to become a vegetarian because I hate the thought of the animals getting slaughtered just so I can eat my Sunday roast but then again I don't see the impact I could have on the entire animal kingdom when millions of people still eat meat therefore I never did become one.

Today I have decided to try out vegetarianism but with some slight leeway to ease me in. I have been researching Vegetarianism and I came across the term 'flexitarian' which is when a person wishes to lead a vegetarian lifestyle but will occasionally eat meat/fish in certain situations now I know this may seem very hypocritical to say "oh I'm a vegetarian but I will eat meat sometimes" but no one in my family are vegetarians and I sometimes go to my sisters house for my tea and she won't exactly be pleased to have to cook seperately to suit my needs so in that scenario I will eat meat. For the rest of the time though I will only eat meat free dishes. I have had my first day meat free and it has been pretty good to be honest. Tomorrow I am cooking for me, mam, dad, sister and sister's fiance. I will be cooking chili con carne using minced beef for them and making a separate one for me using quorn mince which I am excited about. Please guys no lectures on how I am not a proper vegetarian etc, I know I am not but I will be eventually haha. I am only trying it out so bear with me LOL.

If anyone has any tips on how to switch from eating meat to not eating meat leave them below they are much appreciated!

Love you! Aimee xx


No comments:

Post a Comment