Saturday 14 May 2016

Small ways to improve your eating habits+ easy excersises to do at home.

Hello lovely people. 

If you read my last blogpost which was my 2016 goals update, you will know that as much as I am trying to be healthy I haven't been able to fully commit to being 100% healthy all of the time. However, since that blogpost I have really been inspired to try my best to change my eating habits in little ways and that's exactly what I have done. What really inspired me to start to change was on Tuesday night; I went to a local pub for some food with my friends and had a really nice meal. Now don't get me wrong, the food was lovely and so was the night in general, but when I got home and went to bed my stomach felt so full and gross and I just didn't feel very well because I'd eaten a lot of really rich and probably fatty foods that night. It made me realise that I hate feeling sluggish and inspired me to really take care of my body but rather than going in full force cutting lots of different things out at once, I would make really small changes as I knew I wouldn't feel too much like I wasn't allowed the foods but instead I was making healthier alternatives and could have a small treat if I had wanted to.

 So I came up with some things I would like to change in my diet and I honestly feel better already. I thought I would share these things and maybe you could try them if you would like to become a little healthier, most are food related but I have added a few little things in which have helped me to get moving and also link some really good YouTube videos which have gave me some inspiration. 
This will only be part one of my healthy eating blogposts and I will do an individual blogpost on each of the tips below: 
Cut down on carbs! 
I have found that if I eat carbs with more than one meal per day then I feel really bloated and sluggish so I have been limiting myself to one type of carbohydrate in only one meal during the day. So if I have a sandwich for lunch I won't eat potatoes or pasta or bread with my dinner. I do however make an exception for rice as this doesn't make me feel too full so I will sometimes have a spoonful of rice with my dinner if I am only having something like chicken with veg. 

Bulk up your meals using fruits and vegetables. 
Fruits and vegetables are a fantastic way to fill you up whilst also giving you amazing health benefits. I try to have at least 3 different fruits or vegetables with each meal I have and try to get as much variety when it comes to fruit and veggies as I possibly can. 

Stock up on herbs and spices. 
I find it so difficult to get excited by food when there isn't a lot of flavour there. When you are eating healthily you are cutting out a lot of the unhealthy things which often give food it's flavour so it's important to always have lots of herbs and spices on hand to give your food a much needed flavour boost. 

Cook as many things from scratch as possible. 
Things such as spaghetti bolognese are really tasty and if you make your own sauce from scratch you will be saving a lot of calories in the long run(I don't count calories but it always is good to know that I'm not consuming as many with my homemade food as I would be with,tinned or frozen food.) 

Drink lots of water. 
Not only does water fill you up which means you will eat less food, it also is a great way to detox  and flush any bad things out of your body. 

Have three meals a day and one snack. 
I have found having breakfast, lunch, dinner and then a snack at night time has helped me to stay full throughout the day and has stopped me from snacking on bad foods. 

Replace one or two meals a day with a fruit smoothie
I have been replacing my breakfast with a smoothie and then having a smoothie for my snack at night. This has not only filled me up and stopped me from snacking but it also is super healthy and means I am getting lots and lots of fruits and greens into me in one meal. 

Fill up during your set meal times. 
I have set meal times throughout the day which means that I always know when I should be eating and when I do eat/drink I make sure I eat until I'm full, this stops me from snacking in between meal times and if I do get peckish I drink some water. 

Use Instagram and YouTube to find inspiration. 
By typing your chosen word into the search bar on Instagram you will come across thousands of posts which will relate to you. I have also been using YouTube to find people who have shared recipes and workouts and have been loving three 4 amazing channels. I will link one of each of their videos below as I can't copy and past their channel link for some reason. 
Niomi smart-https://youtu.be/a2lQKXwlRQo- her what I eat in a day videos are so inspiring as are her amazing vegan/plant based recipes. 
ThatGirlShaexo-https://youtu.be/iDmfVc85yZc- I found her channel through a smoothie recipe video she did, she has also got some really good recipes for detox water and a full playlist about her amazing weight loss journey! 
TheDomesticGeek-https://youtu.be/cPoWp_T28eg- this is a channel full of amazing healthy recipes which are really easy and fun to make. I absolutely love her channel and have watched soooo many videos already! 
Yoga with Adrienne-https://youtu.be/oBu-pQG6sTY- I've been trying my very best to get into yoga and honestly it's so nice to find a channel which really teaches you the basics rather than doing lots of complicated moves. 
I also really love blogilaties if I want more of an energetic work out. https://youtu.be/i5rxA-KiOk0

Well that's all my little tips for today's post. As you can see, nothing is impossible with this change of eating habit and it is something you can ease into. 
I will be back on Monday with part two of this little series of blogposts. 
Bye bye. 

Aimeexx 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I love your blog so much; you have a really beautiful design! These tips were so useful thank you! I have followed your blog because I think it’s so good!!! I would love it if you had a look at my blog; I’m a very passionate teenage blogger but I’m quite new and really need the support! Perhaps we could become friends? Thank you so much, Jeani xxx www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete