Monday 31 August 2015

Back To School - Whats In My College Bag/School Bag Essentials

Heyyyy! Look at me posting regularly ;)

My College Bag 
Today's post is all about what essentials every girl needs in their bags. Depending on your age you may not need as much as what I am showing you but I have thought about the things I personally used and will use both in secondary school(11-16years old) and in college(16-18 years old). Anything that is  in red are the things I think should be in every school bag!



I purchased my bag from George and its just your typical bag, it has a phone pocket and a zip pocket on the inside but apart from that it is just one open space. Its not overly big but it fits everything I need to take and it has enough room for my course books too.

THE MAIN SECTION 
The first thing I have in my bag is my ring binder, you probably wont need this at secondary school  but at college you need to be able to file your own work, in the ring binder I have some folder dividers to separate the subjects and I have some paper which I took from a refill pad, I also have a plastic popper folder to keep any loose sheets safe.

Next I have a Planner, again, if you're in secondary school they will usually supply you with one but at college it is really important to have one with you. Planners are a great way of keeping up to date with homework/assignments as well as important dates and term times, most planners come with a timetable section where you can note down which lessons you have. 

I then have two pencil cases in my bag, the reason I have two is because I keep black pens, a blue,red and green pen, a rubber, pencils, ruler and mini post it notes in one case and in the other pencil case I keep coloured pens and highlighters for taking revision notes. 

I have my purse which isn't essential if you don't buy your lunch at school or you don't need money during the school day but I keep my purse in my bag because I will buy my lunch and drinks from college. I also have some loyalty cards and receipts in there too. 

The next thing isn't an essential for most of you but for me having some makeup in my bag is important because my makeup doesn't last on my face so I always have makeup to touch up my face. You never know when you may need it! I probably wont do take my makeup for very long but I included it anyway.

I have perfume in my bag which is an absolute essential because its nice to feel refreshed at school and for me personally, If I smell good I feel more confident. I don't tend to bring expensive perfumes if I can help it because it could either smash in your bag or get used up quickly. 

THE PHONE POCKET. 

In the phone pocket section of the bag I obviously keep my phone. Although you may not be allowed to use your phone at school I would advise taking your phone especially if you walk to school alone as you may need to use it to contact someone in an emergency, or you may just want to listen to music. 

I also keep earphones in the side pocket because its an easier way to prevent tangling in the bag, we will be allowed to listen to music during the day at college so earphones are essential.

Next I keep a portable phone charger in the phone pocket in case I need to re charge my phone at school, I have a mini USB lead to put into the pocket but it isn't pictured.

Lastly I keep my house keys in the pocket because my mum might not be in when I get home from school, especially if I have a free period last lesson and decide to come home to study.

THE ZIP POCKET 

In the zip pocket I keep all of my other essentials, I keep these together because this way I know where they are and I don't have to rummage through my bag to find them. 

The first thing I have  is some wet wipes, the ones I have at the moment are face wipes but I want to use them up as I have had them fro a while but baby wipes will do. These are so handy to have in your bag because you never know when you will need to clean something. If, like me, you pump your foundation onto your hand before you apply it then you will know what its like to realise you have dried foundation on your hand. Well its for situations like this that wet wipes are essential, also if you spill something onto your clothes then you can quickly clean it off. Also if you have a pesky spot that needs covering up during the school day then its always better to wipe the old makeup off the area before you apply more.

Next I have some tampons and I will also put some sanitary towels in too because you do not want to get caught out at school especially if you haven't got a proper cycle yet and even if you do know when to expect it, its always handy to have some in case a friend needs them. 

I have packed a hand cream because in the winter I get really dry hands and its so nice to give your hands some moisture when they need it!

One of my biggest must haves is hand sanitiser, I love having this in my bag because the soap in the toilets at school really doesn't do it for me and often irritates my hands so having my own hand sanitiser is much better. Also not everyone washes their hands when they have been to the loo so instead of washing my hands and then touching the toilet door to open it which will have other peoples pooey germs on, I like to put a little bit on in the toilet to stop my germs spreading and then apply some more when i get out of the toilets to get rid of any I may have picked up along the way.

The next thing I have is a lip butter because I always have dry and sore lips and it really isn't very nice when all you want is a bit of moisture on your lips and you don't have any lip balm.

The last thing i have in my bag which isn't pictured is some pain relief, now if you are under the age of 16 then please check with your parents/carers if you are allowed to take this to school, but for me I get bad headaches and stomach aches so not having paracetamol when I'm in pain effects my mood and my concentration.









So that's everything in my bag. I really hope you enjoyed this post and please follow our blog for more updates, thank you,
Aimeexx 

3 comments:

  1. Do you remember the tampon conversation Aimee ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. Acupuncture Pen

    ReplyDelete